The Chief Minister's Round Table of Young Territorians (Round Table) is a direct communication avenue between young Territorians and the Northern Territory Government. The Round Table consists of 16 members who are aged 15 to 25 years. Round Table members are representative of the geographic, cultural and ethnic diversity in the Northern Territory.
The Round Table is your chance to get involved and have your views heard by the Chief Minister about issues that interest or affect you.
Since 1997 Round Table members have been involved in numerous activities, committees and projects. Below is a small list of achievements by Round Table members:
• Regularly provided advice to the Northern Territory Government;
• Participated as members of executive judging panels;
• Been committee members on both State/Territory and National committees;
• Have been selected to be representatives on a range of youth groups;
• Have assisted in the research of several projects and programs;
• Attended and participated at schools, youth groups, conferences, seminars and youth network meetings; and
• Implemented many community-based projects and initiatives across the Territory.
Follow the Round Table on facebook Chief Minister's Round Table of Young Territorians - NT
Since 1997, approximately 250 young people have participated in the Round Table program. To celebrate this achievement, the Office of Youth Affairs has produced an alumni publication containing biographies of previous Round Table participants. The publication is titled 'Where are they now?'
If you are a past Round Table member and would like to have your biography included or updated in the alumni publication please email email@example.com.
For Round Table newsletters and other publications click here.
For more information on the Round Table please contact:
T: (08) 8999 2987