Link Link Link Link Link

More info for Youth NT

youth picture


Links of Interest

| About | Get Involved | Get Informed | Education | Health | Recreation | Decision | Safe | Gallery | Research | Publications | Calendar |
| Grants | Youth Week | Youth Ministers | Policy | Contact |

X Close

Increase Text Size Decrease Text Size Reset Text Size Print



If you are a young person experiencing housing difficulties and/or homelessness there are a variety of housing initiatives through the NT Government and Non-Government Sector.

ShelterMe provides information to those seeking accommodation and support services and assists the sector as a referral tool. Shelter Me contains up to date information about accommodation and services throughout the NT, including crisis, transitional, short term, low cost, and supported accommodation, and other support services.

Territory Housing, within the Department of Housing and Community Development, provides young people aged 16 and over with public housing and housing assistance. In recognition of the difficulties that young people may experience in accessing and maintaining housing, support is also provided for specific youth projects, usually through community organisations.

Visit the NT Government’s Real Housing for Growth Website for information about housing choices for Territorians including affordable housing, renting and purchasing your own home.

Territory Housing has an ongoing commitment to assist non-government agencies to provide youth housing services looking at initiatives such as share housing and headleasing programs.


Check out the Northern Territory Consumer Affairs Website. It provides tips on how to be consumer savvy and has loads of Fact Sheets relating to renting. Simply click on the heading to go directly to the site.

Check out Real Estates Website. It provides advice from the initial rental application through to dealing with flatmates. They've got you covered!


Check out Real Estates Website. It provides advice on what you should look for, and what you should avoid!

Check out the First Home Owner Grant with the Department of Treasury and Finance. It will provide you with all information regarding what grants are available to first home owners in the Northern Territory.